Friday, October 5, 2007

Janglish Speak (Stronger Remix) - Explanation

Yosh!

I decided to translate this track for ya'll:

MO-MOTTO, MOTTO HAYAKU
MO-MOTTO, MOTTO TSUYOKU
MO-MOTTO, MOTTO OOKIKU
NA-RI-TA-I KARA I LEAD YOU
A-ME-RI-KA KARA NIHON E
I BUST THESE FLOWSHOMIE, I DON'T PLAY
BAKUHATSU-TEKINA REPLAY
KONO REMIX, HAYAKU KIITE

も、もっと、もっと 速く
も、もっと、もっと 強く
も、もっと、もっと 大き くなりたいから、
I LEAD YOU アメリカから日本へ、
I BUST THESE FLOWSHOMIE, I DON'T PLAY
爆発的な REPLAY
このREMIX、速く聞いて


TRANSLATION:

"Because I want to be bigger, faster, stronger, I lead you from America to Japan. I bust these flows, homie, I don't play. EXPLOSIVE REPLAY. Hurry up and listen to this REMIX."

Verse I

16 bars I’m writin’ but never bitin’,
My words vanguard so hard I’m like that other cat.
The only rapper you know, boostin’ the Thundercat;
Red mid-shirt like Lionel know where the thunder at.
My grill spills the sentences I inventeded
*Si necesito ayuda I’ll make one up like inventeded.
This you’ve never heard,
*Kore atarashiizii,
*I love to switch it up on you like it’s muzukashiizii.
I’ma pull an Utada, Maja so Japaneezy
But if you get confused you’ll dismiss me as easy breezy.
*Wakaranakereba,
Wakaritai nara,
You can look to me for the answers,
*Maja so tight kara.
I wanna stop but I won’t,
*Cuz I can wreck it so off that chain I was lookin’ but mitsuketa zo.
I’m lookin’ to get these records sold,
Keep on the road, words harsh but never simply though.

* "If I need help [finding a word to rhyme with the last line], I'll make one up like inventeded."
* "This is new." I decided to put a West Coast spin on it. The regular word for "new" is atarashii, but I added "zii" to the end of it, like "sheezy." Not sure how many folks would have caught that, but that's what's up with that line.
* "I love to switch it up on you like it’s difficult." I did the same thing here with the "sheezy."

* "If you don't understand, if you want to understand..."
* "Cuz Maja's so tight."
* "Cuz I can wreck it so off that chain I was lookin’ but then I found it."

Verse II (this one is going to be fun..lol...)

*I play this game like sword play like nadie puede
*Pero si quieres try to match a rapper, "koko ni kite,"
I’m playin’ with these words like a pro in language
English-Spanish turned Spanglish so I moved to Janglish,
The world ain’t ready but I was given this gift first
And I lift worse if I can warm up my pen first,
The ink bursts thoughts,
These predicates are delicate
They manifest like delegates when a President speaks his mind
I rewind time back to the days when I was startin’ out,
Rappin’ ‘bout things I ain’t own,
What I was talkin’ bout?
But damn, now it’s five years later,
The Bullshitta how you figga man? I’m still Maja,
The anime fiend,
And call me the Sushi King;
Breakfast and lunch and dinner
I ain’t playin’ bout these things.
Some rappers just assume me weak assume mi speak is watered down but then I rap ‘em to the ground.

* "I play this game like swordplay like nobody can."
* "But if you want to try to match a rapper, 'Come here.'" This line is true Janglish. The first three words are Spanish and the last three are in Japanese.

Second Hook

ORE-TEKINA AACHISUTO NI TSUITE KIITA KOTO GA
NAI KEDO, KITTE KURE YO!
CUZ MY FLOW BE THE NEW GURAUNDO

オレ的なアーチストについて聞いた事がないけど、
聞いてくれよ!
CUZ MY FLOW BE THE NEW グラウンド

Translation: "You've never heard about a rapper like me, but please listen for me; cuz my flow is the new ground."

In the video, I kinda go nuts with the "this be the new GURAUNDO." lol... I like saying though. Couldn't help it. I also want to stress the fact that I am not just rattling random Japanese at you all. Like, I'm not going to be one of those artists who just say stuff in different languages that make no sense when translated into English.

Anywho... I'm here at Starbucks. I wait for the day when I'm in here and someone walks up to me asking, "Are you Maja? Are you blogging?" LOL...that'll be the day, huh? haha...

I'm dying over here because I don't have the Japanese language pack installed on my laptop anymore. It crashed, I weeped, and from my eyes fell a thousand tears. I can feel this blog turning into a rant, so I'll warn you now: I'm about to get pissed lol...

Okay, first of all, I'm a dweeb for not backing up my data like I should have. ALBUMS'-worth of data was at stake a few Sundays ago when I was headed to a fellow AZ-bound lyricist's house. I mean, I was expecting a blue screen or funny pixelated images to flash across the screen, but I didn't get that. Instead, I got:

Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

(Let me give you some background first though by saying that I don't throw up. Like, I can drink a hurricane's-worth of booze, pass out, and wake up with a clean shirt. I just don't throw up...)

I thought I was going to throw up all over myself. I nearly did. I was on the phone with my fellow rap artist and almost passed out and dropped the phone. All I could think of was the fact that all my data was not backed up somewhere on a harddrive away from harm. So yea, I learned a lot in two weeks. I'll cut to the chase and shorten the rant:

1.) Don't buy your PC or laptop from Best Buy, as it took them 2 weeks to fix my PC and $270.00 to get my data backed up to a hard drive.

2.) Don't trust the GeekSquad, as they are AWESOME at making promises they can't keep. One guy tells me one thing, but when I get there someone else says something different.

3.) Make sure your equipment works BEFORE leaving the GeekSquad's booth. I powered it up in front of the GeekSquad guy and tears of joy ran down my rosey cheeks....wait... I don't have rosey cheeks... and I don't cry in public places... so nevermind that.... I was happy and took my XP-laced laptop to mi casa and 'bout near threw up again when I got there and started messing with it. The GeekSquad forgot to install DRIVERS on my laptop... so I had working laptop with no sound, no wifi, and no regular internet. I was livid and had to give my laptop BACK TO THEM because it was going to take 24 hours for them to put DRIVERS on it. Talk about shitty service.

4.) LISTEN TO JUVENILE and BACK THAT THANG UP ... into a backup harddrive lol... I'm sorry, but I had to type that...

This post was long enough... have a good weekend.

Ja,

MAJA

No comments: