Tuesday, November 18, 2008

P90X Day 2 - Completed!

Okay... so, I'm going to just say this now and get it out of the way: Oatmeal with Protein powder is the nastiest breakfast on the planet. I tried this morning, again, to eat a 3/4 cup of oatmeal laced with protein, and it took me around 20 minutes to work it all into my tummy. I really think that I should look for an alternative for breakfast. Can egg whites be microwaved? Hmmm... should they even be microwaved? My dad showed me at an early age that anything was possible when he cooked hamburgers in the microwave. I don't have a stove to cook on, so the microwave is my savior (like M.I.M.S. but doper lol)...

About the workout last night. I T - K I C K E D - M Y - A S S! I wanted to call my buddy Konshuu and scream at him for planting the P90X seed in my brain... that is, until after the workout I could already feel my chest and back twitching with the burn of a good workout. Last night's workout was superb. I can't even do a full pull-up or chin-up right now. Think that stopped me? Haha...nope. I did what they did on the DVD: I assisted myself with a chair and cranked out 3 - 5 each time. Next time, I want to see how many I can do.

I told Konshuu the day before starting that I was already getting discouraged, even before I had a chance to try the exercises out, because I had tried to do a full pull-up and failed. It's amazing what the mind will tell you when you can't do something. I was ready to say, "Ya know, what Konshuu, I don't think this is for me." But I think I was proactively bringing the subject up to him so that I wouldn't talk myself out of starting this workout plan. Konshuu didn't want to hear that LOL... He reminded me of what I already know: I WILL GET STRONGER. IF I FOCUS ON "FAILURES" THEN I WILL NEVER SUCCEED.

I was surprised yesterday morning, when I checked my e-mail to find one from Konshuu saying "Congrats for starting!" He gave me some helpful tips to use throughout the day and reminded me to focus on what I can do, not what I can't. I made sure to take Day 1 Photos....and they will be stashed away forEVER!!!! HAHAHHAAHAHAHA....

~MAJA

1 comment:

Critter said...

Congrats on getting started.. P90X is a great workout.. and you /will/ see results. I've even grown to /love/ Plyo and Abs!

and holy shit... I totally agree with you on the oatmeal and protein powder.. you would think it could/would go together a bit better.. .but nooooo.